Last Updated: February 04, 2021.
Information We Collect
We may collect personally identifiable information about you that you provide to us when you use our Services such as your name and email address (“Personal Information”). We may collect Personal Information directly from you, from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Services. We may combine information collected from or about you from these various sources.
We may also automatically collect information about users of our Services through cookies (see Section 3 for more information). Some or all of this information may be collected by third-party software providers (as listed in Section 4) and some or all of this information may be collected by us and transferred to such third-party providers for further analysis. The collected information may include, but is not limited to, IP address and domain name; browser type and operating system; web pages viewed; links clicked; the length of time spent on our Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led a user to our Services. In addition, we may collect information about user activities within our Services, such as a user’s learning progress, lessons accessed and completed, and download history.
If you choose to purchase a product from us, you agree that our third-party payment processors (PayPal and Stripe) will collect your payment information. If you pay with a credit card on our site, your payment data, full name, email, country, postal code, IP address, and other information as required for processing your payment by Stripe, our third-party credit card payment processor, will be securely transmitted to Stripe upon checkout. The transmission of the data to Stripe is aimed at payment processing and fraud prevention in order for the third-party payment processor to conduct identity and creditworthiness checks. The third-party payment processors will, if necessary, pass on your submitted information to their affiliates and service providers to the extent necessary to fulfill their contractual obligations or for data to be processed in the order. We do not store or process your credit card number on our servers. The applicable data protection provisions of each of these third-party processors may be found on their websites (https://stripe.com/privacy and https://www.paypal.com/va/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full).
We also may ask you to provide additional information about yourself, including your age, hobbies, and interests in learning languages. You can choose not to provide this additional information to us. We also reserve the right to record, read, copy, disclose, and use (but not transmit to any third party) any text, speech, data, images, and other materials you transmit to us via non-public means for improving our Services.
We believe the risk to your data protection rights in connection with personal information that we process on the basis of our legitimate interests is not excessive or overly intrusive. If you choose not to give us personal information we may not be able to provide you with any products or services you may request or require, or enter into a contract with you.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record-keeping purposes. Cookies can take the form of session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our website. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for a specified period of time.
Use of Your Information
We use your information, including Personal Information, as follows:
Deliver the services and products that you have requested;
- Processing orders and payments; Communicate with you about your use of our Services, including sending you Service/product updates;
- Manage your account and provide you with customer support; Enforce our terms and conditions;
- Comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations;
- Analyze how users interact with our Services;
- Detect security incidents and protect against malicious or illegal activities;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing functionality and Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
When you register for a user account on our Site, you have an option to enroll in our communication newsletters, promotional newsletters, and other newsletters. You may opt-out of any or all of such newsletters at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of every email newsletter, or by contacting us at email@example.com. Our email newsletters contain tracking pixels to enable log file recording and analysis to help us track the success and failure of our marketing campaigns. Based on the tracking pixel, we may see if and when an email was opened by you and which links in the emails were clicked. We use the data collected to optimize the design and delivery of our newsletters to better serve our users. We may use third-party marketing software (including Constant Contact, Get Response but not limited to) to facilitate our marketing communications and to further assist us in the analysis and optimization of our marketing efforts.
Disclosure of Your Information
As a matter of policy, we do not sell or disclose any Personal Information about you to any third party except to provide you with products or services you have requested when we have your permission, or under the circumstances listed below:
- With other users of our Services in order to provide our Services (but not your email address or password);
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, from law enforcement agencies or state and federal regulators, or as otherwise required by law;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of us or other persons, including to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues, or anything else that we may consider to be, or pose a risk of being, an illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity;
- As we deem appropriate to attempt to prevent physical or emotional harm to other persons and/or to their property based on overt or implied threat; and
- In connection with an actual or proposed corporate merger, acquisition, asset purchase, or other transaction or proceeding involving all or part of the business or assets to which the information pertains.
We may also disclose aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified information about users for marketing, advertising, research, compliance, or other purposes.
We will only retain your personal information for the period necessary to achieve the purpose of storage, or as far as permitted by the applicable law.
Accessing and Changing Your Profile
You can access, review, and change your personal profile information at any time on the My Account page.
You have the following rights to your Personal Information:
- Right to be informed of how we are using your Personal Information;
- Right of access to know which of your Personal Information is held and processed by us;
- Right of having any of your inaccurate or incomplete Personal Information rectified;
- Right to erasure at any time for any reason (or for no reason);
- Right to restrict a certain type of processing of your Personal Information;
- Right to retain and reuse your Personal Information for other purposes;
- Right to object to how your Personal Information is used; and
- Right to limit the use of your Personal Information by automated decision making and profiling.
You may, at any time, exercise any of your above-mentioned rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon your notification, we will comply with your request as reasonably possible in accordance with our policy and applicable law. However, in some incidents, we may only comply by terminating your membership or otherwise restricting your access to our Site. Please note that we can only honor requests to opt-out of disclosures on a going-forward basis and opt-out requests do not affect information that we have previously disclosed. We may also retain certain information about you as required by law or as permitted by law for legitimate business purposes.
To safeguard the confidentiality of your Personal Information, we utilize sophisticated security techniques and procedures, including daily security and vulnerability scans, software audits, firewalls, and data encryption (Secure Socket Layers). We make every effort to protect that data against loss and unauthorized access. We employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorized access by others. We strive to comply with the GDPR as set forth by the European Union regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. We certify that we adhere to the requirements of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access and enforcement. Despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. In the event that Personal Information is compromised as a breach of security, we will promptly notify you in compliance with applicable law.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a strong password that cannot be easily guessed, and keeping your login name and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Our Services are not intended for children under the age of 13 in the United States or under another age-specific to certain other countries with similar restrictions regarding the privacy of minors. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under 13. Should a child under 13 disclose information to our Site without verification of parental consent (e.g. via credit card authorization), we will delete such information (and the associated account) immediately. If you are a parent, teacher, or school administrator, we encourage you to talk to your children about online safety and how they can protect themselves online. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child below the minimum age, please contact us at email@example.com.
As we continue to develop our website and take advantage of technologies to improve the services we offer, this Policy will likely change. We encourage you to refer to this Policy on an ongoing basis so that you understand our current Policy.
Notice to California Consumers
If you reside in California, we are required to provide additional information to you about how we use and disclose your information, and you may have additional rights with regard to how we use your information. We have included this California-specific information below.
CA Personal Information
- Personal and Other Identifiers or Characteristics: such as first name and last name, personal or professional contact information, zip code, e-mail address, unique personal identifier, IP, device, and online activity information, age, date of birth, gender, demographics, username, and password to our Websites or services.
- Commercial Information: such as payment details, credit card information and purchase or transaction history.
California Consumer Rights
Subject to certain exceptions, as a California resident, you may have the following rights to your CA Personal Information:
- Access. Request access to your CA Personal Information that we collect, use, disclose, or sell;
- Deletion. Request deletion of your CA Personal Information; and
Exercising California Consumer Rights
If you are a California resident and wish to exercise any of these rights, you may make a request about your CA Personal Information twice per 12-month period and we shall respond within forty (45) days:
(a) submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org;
(b) log in to your account to make any updates or submit a request;
(d) call the following toll-free number: +1 (833) 737-2428.
When submitting your request, you may be asked to provide certain information, which may include additional proof of identification, so that we can verify your identity and validate the request. We are not responsible for requests that are not sent or submitted properly, or that do not have complete information. Please note that you are limited by law in the number of requests you may submit per year. We will not discriminate against you by offering you different pricing or products, or by providing you with a different level or quality of products, based solely upon you exercising your rights to your CA Personal Information.